Product History, General
FUN FACTS, HISTORY, ATTRIBUTES (ie size, year of production, color,scarcity, etc) WHAT FOLLOWS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING SPECIFIC in this listing.
7-Eleven Monster Slurpee Cup 1976 Roc
Listing is for a 7-Eleven Monster Slurpee Cup 1976 Roc.
Released from 1976 - 1977, the set of 8 ounce give-away Slurpee cups was comprised of 20 different cups. The corporation that owned 7-Eleven didn't want to pay Universal royalties to use the standard monsters - instead the list of monsters were little known or made-up characters. The list included:
- Ghost Riders - Red Barrett and his skeleton crew riding the plains!
- Dragon - Nasty looking dragon that looks like he just walked out of a Hanna-Barbera cartoon
- Bigfoot - Sasquatch! of yore
- Roc - Pterodactyl-ish flying reptile
- Giant Squid - need we say more?!
- Werewolf - there wolf!
- Yeti - Abominable Snowman! Cousin to aforementioned Bigfoot
- Golem - Humanoid monster made from clay!
- Vampire! - Bleh bleh.
- Cyclops - good ole one-eye!
- Hydra - no - not a sandwich cookie but a multiple-headed serpent!
- Minotaur - This guy is full of bullspit!
- Zombie - Not Rob. But your standard living dead!
- The Cave-Thing - oh, the inhumanity. To be reduced to nothing but a descriptor! And a 'thing' no-less. Would it have been so bad to go with - Clyde the Cavite?
- Troll - Neither man nor beast - he loves to hang out at old-fashioned bridges! Decades later the internet would be full of trolls - of a different kind but just as repulsive!
- Loch Ness Monster - Good ole Nessie!
- Mummy - A creature that's not so easy to wrap your head around!
- Swamp Creature - Not the Swamp Thing. Not the Creature From The Black Lagoon. But you can't exactly have a group of monsters without a swampy guy!
- Headless Horseman - Oooohhhh Ichabod!
- Monster of the Moors - Grim Reaper-like dude with bad*ss robe and green, scaly hands
Cool set. Listing is for the Roc cup.
Get yours today!
This is is shipping payment test!