Item History (General)[Show/Hide]
Item Condition (Specific)
PLEASE NOTE: INFORMATION in the Item History section is REGARDING COMMON ATTRIBUTES TO THE ITEM (ie size, year of production, color, scarcity, etc).
None of what follows has anything SPECIFIC to do with this listing and the actual item could vary in terms of completeness or manufacturing variations. Please see "Item Condition" for specifics to this listing.
1960s MOC 1st Series Snow White Flat PROTOTYPE Set
The words "one of a kind" are thrown around
from time to time - a bit too loosely for our taste. But in this case,
these can only be described as ONE OF A KIND! In the early 1960's, Marx
released a set of Snow White Disneykins as a complete set - and added
some extras such as a tree, water pump, stools, and table. Marx would
also produced the Jungle Book series in a similar styled set. What you
see in front of you is a RARE pre-production prototype set! This is very
special. Before it went into production, this was created. It's HAND
DRAWN/PAINTED - not printed. The artwork is painted in something
that looks like acrylic paint. The "holes" are hand cut out. The rear
"story" is a taped on, typed sheet (the production version this is
printed right onto the box packaging). A close examination discovers
these changes between the prototype and the final production version:
- The forest/trees on the right are more defined
- The house has had "red" color added
- The house shutters have been more defined
- The color of the title part "and the Seven Dwarfs" has been
changed to black from blue
- White "borders" around the names have been added to make them
- The mountains on the left are LESS defined
- The walkway in front of Snow White is removed
- The mushrooms are LESS defined and don't even resemble mushrooms
- The production figures are roughly the same - but the pump and
tree are noticeably different
Here is a reference image of the final version for your comparison:
Get yours today!
Amazing part of Disneykin/Marx history! Hand painted/made prototype box! This was obtained with other Marx prototype pieces - we have no doubt of it's authenticity. But you are buying as you see it. The piece has some storage wear - with some minor cracking to the cello wrap/covering.