Item History (General)[Show/Hide]
Item Condition (Specific)
PLEASE NOTE: INFORMATION in the Item History section is REGARDING COMMON ATTRIBUTES TO THE ITEM (ie size, year of production, color, scarcity, etc).
None of what follows has anything SPECIFIC to do with this listing and the actual item could vary in terms of completeness or manufacturing variations. Please see "Item Condition" for specifics to this listing.
It may not seem so novel today when every tiny action figure and fast food toy talks with but a push of a tiny button but Mattel really did have the first and really only line of talking toys starting in the early 1960s. We've got an eclectic collection of Mattel Talkers up for auction currently….all talking up a storm. Be sure to check 'em all out. And now onto this particular listing:
Mrs Beasley. "The Same Doll You've Seen on TV's "A Family Affair". 1967. Why buy a reissue when you can get the real thing! When talking, Mrs Beasley says the following:
- If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
- It would be such fun to play jump rope, don't you think?
- Gracious me, you're getting to be such a big girl!
- Would you like to try on my glasses? You may if you wish.
- You may call me Mrs. Beasley. Would you like to play?
- If you were a little smaller, I could rock you to sleep.
- Long ago, I was a little girl just like you.
- I do think you're the nicest little friend I ever had.
- Do you want to hear I secret? I know one! (whispered)
- Speak a little louder dear, so Mrs. Beasley can hear you.
Box has some general shelf wear and some color fading. The doll appears to be factory tied to insert. Mute as they all are without modern day repair as the internal belts dry rot.